Printed mugs make for wonderful gifts and mementos. If you want to print on a mug yourself, print out your image or text using a sublimation printer, place it on the mug, and then transfer the image using the heat of an iron. If you don’t have a sublimation printer or need to print a large number of mugs, hire a professional to print the image for you, or send your text or image to a printing company to transfer onto a mug. Enjoy using or gifting your unique mug!
Using a Sublimation Printer and Iron
1 Print out your text or image on a sublimation printer to the correct size.
- Always use sublimation paper in a sublimation printer, as regular paper won’t allow the ink to transfer onto your mug.
2 Place the inked side of the print onto the mug.
- Images or text can be placed on the bottom, side, or handle of your mug.
- Mugs that have a smooth finish work best for this method, as bumpy finishes can make the print look uneven and patchy.
3 Secure the print in place with heat-proof tape.
- Try not to place the tape over the actual text or image. If possible, place the tape over the white space.
- Purchase heat-proof tape from a hardware store.
4 Rub the iron over the back of the print until it goes slightly brown.
- If you want to print a large number of mugs commercially, consider purchasing an automatic mug press. This allows you to heat the sublimation print in the mug press, instead of using an iron.
5 Remove the tape and the print to reveal the new image on your mug.
- Avoid placing your printed mug in the dishwasher, as this can damage the print.
YOU CAN BUY A MUG HEAT PRESS,HERE A VIDEO FOR YOU
OR EasyPress 3 HEAT PRESS,HERE A VIDEO FOR YOU
Post time: Feb-24-2021